Day 1 of recording my Vertical Jump journey!

 I am recording my vertical jump journey and documenting my workouts! So my height is 5’5 and my current standing vertical jump is between 26-30 inches, and running vertical is 7-10 inches away from rim currently. I’m not following a specific routine, but I will follow various workouts or videos I find and make my own for the day sometimes. The musts of every workout: some sort of isometric, plyometrics, upper and lower body work, and isolation or technique work.

Day 1.
Sprint drills (straight leg bounds, butt kick sprints, a-skips) 

Pogo jump variation (3x6-12) 

Max effort standing vertical jumps (until performance decreases) 

Dumbbell jump squats (3x4-5)

Single leg line hops (2x10 seconds each side)

Wall sit

Isolation arm and back workout (lateral raises, reverse db flyes, band pull aparts, curls etc.)

Monster walks (2x5 each side)

Lunges (just trying to get used to the movement, didnt really do it for planned reps or sets


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My vertical jump training plan for rest of this year