My vertical jump training plan for rest of this year

PHASE 1: This is pretty simple. As Isaiah Rivera suggested in a video, I am going to be jumping everyday. Now, I live on a steep mountain, so I can’t really do running vertical or dunk attempts (except for school days), but I will be doing standing vertical jumps, trying to touch as high as I can. No exact rep scheme, but doing it until my performance starts seriously decreasing. I will be keeping track of any knee pain, and making sure to be safe. I will take a long while to warmup, and include some isometrics before jumping. I dont have an exact timespan, but I will stop when I find myself at a plateau, or with knee pain. PHASE 2. This is where I incorporate an actual workout routine. It will however be around winter, so cant include sprinting outside. Sunday: LEGS (Strength and plyos) Warmup: swiss ball hamstring curls (2x8-12) light sprint drills, pogo jumps (2-3x6-10) Standing vertical jumps (max effort, until performance decrease) Dumbbell jump squats (3x4-5 slowly advance weight) Nordic curls (3-4x4-5) Calf raises (2-4 x 8-15) Band monster walks (3x8 each side) Band hip and leg work Monday: UPPER BODY Band pull aparts (2x10 fast) Hammer grip pull ups (3x5-12) Chin-ups (2x5-12) Explosive push ups (2-4 x 6-12) L-sits (3x75% max hold) ISOLATION WORK Lateral raises (3x8-12) Curls (2-3x8-15 Core work Wednesday: ATHLETIC DAY (plyos) Warmup: swiss ball hamstring curls (2x8-12) sprint drills, band leg work Pogo jump variation (3x6-10) Max effort standing vertical jumps (until performance decreases) Dumbbell squat jumps (3x4-5) Free choice plyos (pick 1-3 depending on Intensity, include single leg) Band hip and leg work Thursday: SPEED AND IMPULSE DAY Banded pogo jumps (8-15 fast) Lunges (2-4x6-B) Fast pull-ups (2x4-6) Explosive core work (fast twists, stability ball plank swirls, high knees, etc.) ISOMETRICS (pick a few and hold for 45-60+seconds for 1-3 sets) Wall sit hold, elevated glute bridge, lunge/split squat holds, wall push with sprint form. Friday: REST Saturday REST. Now I’m going to slowly progressive overload this by: adding weight to weighted exercises, increasing max effort standing vertical jump total reps, and by adding more challenging variations to exercises (for example, pogo jumps, db pogo jumps, banded speed pogo jumps, and finally Massai pogo jumps which are just normal, but trying to go as high as possible for each rep.) Also, the format is from Garage Strength. Now, these two phases are what I’m planning on doing until spring and warmer weather, in which I will then incorporate oudoor activities like sprints and hill sprints.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 of recording my Vertical Jump journey!